Polska Anglia

    History

    1142 - Mieszko III the Old bestows Lusowo on Poznań bishop

    10 February 1293
    - date of a document in which the village of Tarnowo was first mentioned

    1288 - first Roman Catholic parish created in Lusowo

    - first written information about Rumianek and first mention of Swadzim

    1293 -1317 - Tarnowo parish created

    1344 - first mention of Grand Lake (presently Kierskie Lake)

    1360 - first mention of Baranowo, where a mili settlement existed, and of a village administrator Godzisław

    1388 - first mention of Chyby

    1400 - first known priest from Ceradz - Jan

    1402 - it is known that Jankowice, a village founded based on German Law

    1409 - Lusiegntew is the squire of Sady

    1423 - priest Filip from Ceradz fights in court over property affairs with a vicar from Mieścisko, with Piotr Skóra from Gaj, and with squires from Ceradz Nowy

    1429 - a vicar from Lusowo receives a fish pond and a fisher-man from the Poznań Charter

    1431 - Szczepan from Chyby studies at Kraków Academy. In later years Szczepan from Chyby was a writer in the Royal Office, a Poznań canon, and an envoy from Władysław Jagiełło to Grand Master of Teutonic Knights

    1454 - knight Filip from Chyby is taken captive by Teutonic Knights at the Batlle of Chojnice

    1490 - 1502
    - robber Chwat called Magnus, the squire of Chy­by, robbed mainly merchants

    1495 - Piotr and Wojciech Konarzewski sell Ceradz Stary (Church) to Grzegorz from Jankowice for 512 'grzywien' (ancient monetary unit)

    First half of the sixteenth century - first brick church in Cer­adz was built

    1510
    - there are two inns in Jankowice

    1511
    - it is known that there is a manor in Góra

    1531 - earliest mention of the manor in Jankowice

    1538 - Przeźmierowo waste bought by Wincent Kierski

    1562 - the manor in Sierosław is the seat of The Sierosławscy family

    1566 - lawsuit over the abduction of serf Tomasz Gnat, the cost of the litigation was estimated to be 100 'grzywien' (ancient monetary unit)

    1580 - Tarnowo was the property of Poznań bishops, the inhabitants numbered: 3 tenants, 11 bailiffs, 3 craftsmen and an innkeeper

    1620 - the worth of Swadzim was estimated to be zł 17 000, Napchanie - zl 22 000, and Chyby - zl 5 000

    1695 - there is a church hospital in Ceradz Kościelny, and a school by the parish in Tarnowo

    1698 - a manor exists in Rumianek

    1709 - apart from peasants, among Chyby’s inhabitants were: an innkeeper, a blacksmith, a miller, a fisherman and a sheep-farmer

    1737 - a hospital exists next to the parish in Tarnowo

    1774
    - there are 30 households in Tarnowo

    18 March 1785 - Pope Pius VI issues a ten-year charter of indulgence to the Tarnowo church

    1793 - the region of Wielkopolska incorporated into Prussia for the next 123 years

    1795 - the church in Tarnowo receives a painting of Christ giving keys to St Peter

    End of the eighteenth century - there are 20 houses in Tarnowo, 10 in Kokoszczyn, 6 in Góra, 7 in Baranowo, 3 in Lusowo, 21 in Swadzim, 7 in Sady, 12 in Lusówko, 12 in Sierosław, 4 in Kobylniki, 7 in Rumianek, 20 in Jankowice, 13 in Ceradz Stary and 20 in Ceradz Nowy

    - Germans and Jews begin to settle in Tarnowo

    1806 - Napoleon Bonaparte welcomed in Tarnowo

    1813 - Tarnowo seized by the Russian army. End of Napoleonic wars. Tarnowo again a part of Prussia

    1826 - a broad and modem road is built from Poznań in the direction of Pniewy and Berlin; the road was hardened with rubble and suitable for heavy vehicles

    1831/1832 - epidemics of cholera cause death among the inhabitants of Tarnowo, relapses of the plague in 1837, 1848, 1852, and 1866

    1843 - creation of Provincial Fund for Public Road Construction, the roads of Tarnowo - Góra - Kaźmierz and Tarnowo - Kokoszczyn - Przybroda are financed by this Fund

    February 1845 - end of bestowing land onto peasants

    1848 - 6 inhabitants of Tarnowo die in the springtide of nations struggle (revolution of 1848)

    Mid-nineteenth century - the village is divided into a commune composed of independent households and manor prop­erties - thus two village administrators in Tarnowo

    Nineteenth century - manor estates in Tarnowo and farms in Góra. Jankowice, l.usowo and Sierosław are German property

    1866- death of Walerian Breanski - the rector of Tarnowo parish, insurgent in November 1830 Uprising, lieutenant honored with the Golden Virtuti Militari Cross of Merit

    1877 - end of collecting road fares at the barriers

    1880 - creation of Agricultural Circle in Ceradz, 1884 in Lusowo, in 1907 in Tarnowo

    1889 - beginning of major land improvement works in the commune

    - in reaction to German movements Poles organize Catholic Society of Polish Workers; Gymnastic Society "Sokół" already functions

    1901 - Germans build a Commune House, an Evangelical church, and a school. Next, they build a post office, a pharmacy, a restaurant, and a doctor and veterinarian's house. The Ger­mans arrange a Savings And Loan Bank, and service co-operatives. Tarnowo becomes a model Prussian colonization village.

    1907 - creation of People’s Bank

    1914 - 74 thousand Poles were taken into the Prussian Army in the First World War

    1918 - at the end of the war 417 people from the Tarnowo commune fight for Prussian, 33 people for Russian and 11 for Austrian armies

    27 December 1918 - at the outbreak of The Wielkopolska Uprising, uprising centers emerge in Tarnowo, Lusówko and Ceradz.

    1919 - first free election of village administrators and town councilors. Subjects discussed at the first meeting of the village administrators: communal election, orphan and widow support, allocation of bicycles.

    20 September 1920 - extension of the name of Tarnowo to Tarnowo Podgórne

    - restoring Polish names: Tarnowo (Schlehen in German), Rumianek (Runheln), Kokoszczyn (Kochfeld), Góra (Gurten), Edwardowo (Edwardsfelde), Ceradz Kościel­ny (Ceradz Kirche) or Przybroda (Bohrefeld)

    - creation of Feliks Nowowiejski Singing Circle

    1923 - 27 craftsmen are registered in Tarnowo

    1921 - Tarnowo commune numbers 7416 inhabitants

    1924 - three passenger cars are registered in the commune

    1929 - first petrol station in Tarnowo

    1930 -53 radios registered

    1935 - Tarnowo commune is divided into 11 districts

    - the commune allocated zl 7.20 for art and culture, two years later the amount was zl 315

    - there are 3 fire brigades and 4 emergency fire groups in the commune

    - the commune is indebted at zl 80 thousand, i.e. 80% of the income (!)

    - 26 teachers teach 1411 children in 10 schools 9 September 1939 - first day of Nazi occupation, the inhabitants undergo extermination, inter alia, on 10 October 1939 the community from Lusowo are displaced

    25 January 1945 - Red Army units move into Tarnowo

    1945 - Tarnowo becomes the seat of the commune, from 1954 Tarnowo, Ijisówko and Przeźmierowo are the seats of districts

    1950 - the commune numbers 5680 inhabitants, including 51 Germans

    A Communal Co-operative "Samopomoc Chłopska" takes over from individual proprietors a bakery, a grocery storę, a mili, a grinding mili. a blacksmith's workshop and a wheel-wright's workshop

    - formation of LZS (People's Sport Teams) in Tarnowo 1956 - Przeźmierowo is electrified, at the end of 1950s street

    lamps were put up in Tarnowo and Sady

    1964 - celebration of the 500th anniversary of the parish church in Tarnowo

    1970 - opening of the Culture Center

    1973 - Tarnowo is again the seat of the commune with 18 village administration units

    1979 - Tarnowo wins a nationwide competition “Economy Master Commune"

    First half of the 1980s - an F.-8 main road is built

    1987 - a severe hailstorm destroys most of produce

    27 May 1990 - first postwar free election

    12 June 1990 - Waldy Dzikowski elected the Mayor of the Tarnowo Podgórne Commune

    1991 - a new school is opened in Przeźmierowo, later a gym and sport grounds are added

    - new school buildings in Lusówko and Ceradz Kościelny

    1993 - starting the sewage treatment plant in Przeźmierowo

    1993 - 1998 - dynamic expansion of the telephone network

    1994 - all places in the commune have a water-supply system - Society in Memory of General Józef Dowbor-Muśnicki is created in Lusowo

    1996 - a new school in Lusowo, since 1998 with a gym

    1997 - Waldy Dzikowski is appointed the “Wielkopolska Mayor of the Year”, the Commune Council passes the crest and the flag of the commune

    1998 - all towns and villages in the commune have an access to natural gas

    - the commune numbers 14 711 inhabitants

    1999
    - 6000 copies of "Neighbor - Read" a local newspaper comprising 36 pages are printed

    1999 - The Chapter of Economic Prize recognizes the commune as the best in Poland

    2000 - the opening of a modern high school in Tarnowo Podgórne

    2001 – Tarnowo Podgórne commune recognized as the best in Poland – 1’ st place in Rzeczpospolita’s ranking; Mayor Waldy Dzikowski becomes Member of Polish Parliament

    2002 – Self – government elections - Kazimierz Marchlewski elected the Mayor of the Tarnowo Podgórne Commune

    2003 – the opening of new sports hall in Tarnowo Podgórne; the commune road in Lusówko is built – investments co-financed with European Fund – Sapard

    2004 – celebration of Polish accession to EU

    2005
    – the opening of Sports and Recreation Center in Sady

    2006 - Self – government elections – Tadeusz Czajka elected the Mayor of the Tarnowo Podgórne Commune

    2007 – Tarnowo Podgórne Commune wins the Promotional Logo “Teraz Polska” - together with two other rural communes